Anonymous function syntax

Daniel Murphy yebblies at nospamgmail.com
Fri Sep 23 09:42:48 PDT 2011

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:j5ge8v$2a0h$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 09/22/11 16:08, bearophile wrote:
>> Andrei Alexandrescu:
>>
>>> A function literal should be comparable to another for equality.
>>
>> Are you willing to explain me why, and show an use case?
>
> An important application is optimizing for specific lambdas (e.g.
> equality). For example, a substring search using equality for characters
> could use bitwise comparison.
>
> Andrei

I think this is better handled by a library solution - define standard
templated comparators somewhere and have special support for these.  There
are dozens of ways to write the same comparison in D and allowing equality
tests to work in some cases is likely to be as frustrating as string1 ==
string2 working sometimes in java.