Vote on region allocator

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Sep 23 12:53:46 PDT 2011

Okay, David Simcha wrote some modules intended to form the basis for custom
allocators in D, and that code has been reviewed in the "Formal Review of
region allacator begins" thread. The review period has passed, and it's time
to vote on whether we want to include it in Phobos as-is or not.

Code:
https://github.com/dsimcha/TempAlloc/tree/master/std/allocators

Docs:
http://cis.jhu.edu/~dsimcha/d/phobos/std_allocators_allocator.html
http://cis.jhu.edu/~dsimcha/d/phobos/std_allocators_gc.html
http://cis.jhu.edu/~dsimcha/d/phobos/std_allocators_region.html

A yes vote means that we will be creating a new std.allocators module in
Phobos and adding dsimcha's allocater, gc, and region modules to it (which
provide the general custom allocator stuff, a custom allocator using the GC,
and a custom allocator using a segmented stack respectively).

A no vote means that we will not be including them at this time, and they will
need to go through further revision and review if they are ever to be
included.

Please refrain from discussions in this thread. This thread is intended for
voting only. Anyone can vote.

The voting will last for approximately one week and will end on Saturday,
October 1st at midnight in UTC (2011-10-01T00:00:00Z).

- Jonathan M Davis