Vote on region allocator

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Sep 23 23:19:25 PDT 2011

On Saturday, September 24, 2011 01:10:44 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 9/23/11 22:30 CDT, dsimcha wrote:
> > On 9/23/2011 11:25 PM, Robert Jacques wrote:
> >> On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:53:46 -0400, Jonathan M Davis
> >> <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> No. I cannot build an efficient and safe appender on this API.
> >
> > The resize() fix you requested is going to get implemented. I just
> > haven't actually added it yet.
>
> Then we might be hasty to vote this in. Ideally Phobos should be
> integrating tried and true APIs.
>
> I wish we voted allocator in once it's used throughout std.container to
> great effect.

So, do you think that we should cease the vote then? Personally, I'm not
convinced that it's ready given the review thread, but I haven't looked at the
API or code in great detail yet either. If we really don't think that this is
ready for being voted on, then we shouldn't vote on it. It's better to put it
off and let it bake a bit more than vote in a partially baked API.

- Jonathan M Davis