Vote on region allocator

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 11:13:15 PDT 2011

Le 24/09/2011 01:14, Jonathan M Davis a écrit :
> On Friday, September 23, 2011 16:02 Martin Nowak wrote:
>> I already added a comment on github (sorrowly allows comments only on
>> diffs).
>> Bugs should be fixed whenever they are know and should only be a concern
>> for
>> voting if there is a gross number of them, i.e. it's code and for sure it
>> contains bugs.
>
> The real concern is API issues. Bugs in the code can be fixed, and unless they
> are serious issues with the implementation that make it so that it shouldn't
> go into Phobos, then they're not really the issue. But if the API isn't solid,
> it's a _much_ bigger deal to change it. The implementation is definitely part
> of what has been (and should be) reviewed, but the API is the most important
> part.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

The API has some incoherencies, in naming convention for exemple.
freeIsChecked for exemple, sounds incoherent to me with isAutomatic and
isScoped.

In addition, fixing bug is nice, but including something in the
standards lib with known bugs is quite scary. Just immaging the poor
beginner in D wondering why his code isn't working as expected - note
that it happend to me when I begun D and had a bogus compiler, I almost
gave up the laguage on that event.

Inclusion in the standard lib should be made with no known bug IMO.