std.benchmark is in reviewable state

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Sep 26 08:59:38 PDT 2011

On Monday, September 26, 2011 11:43:52 Robert Jacques wrote:
> Great, but MS still recommends benchmarking be done on a single core. And if
> MS thinks that is how benchmarking should be done, I think that's how we
> should do it.

And how would you ensure that? Beyond having your application be single-
threaded, I'm not aware of any way to have any control over whether a
particular process is run on a single core or not. Generally, that stuff is
completely managed by the OS and the hardware and is outside the control of
the programmer. I'm not saying that there definitively isn't a way to ensure
that a process only runs on one core, but I'm not aware of one.

- Jonathan M Davis