std.benchmark is in reviewable state

Christophe travert at phare.normalesup.org
Wed Sep 28 05:31:12 PDT 2011

Andrei Alexandrescu , dans le message (digitalmars.D:145370), a écrit :
> I've had a good time with std.benchmark today and made it ready for
> submission to Phobos. As a perk I've added the %h format specifier,
> which formats a number in human-readable form using SI prefixes.
>
> For those interested in discussing this prior to the formal review
> process, the code is at:
>
> https://github.com/andralex/phobos/blob/benchmark/std/benchmark.d
> https://github.com/andralex/phobos/blob/benchmark/std/format.d
>
> and the dox at
>
> http://erdani.com/d/web/phobos-prerelease/std_benchmark.html
> http://erdani.com/d/web/phobos-prerelease/std_format.html
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcome. If possible, it would be great if
> this submission were given a bump in the priority queue. This is because
> with robust benchmarking in Phobos we can ask new, performance-sensitive
> submissions, to add benchmarking.

Nice piece of work.

I quite don't like the use of a global (well, thread local) name for the
benchmark clockWatch. What about giving the clockWatch instance as a
parameter to the benchmarked functions if they need to pause/resume?

That would also avoid the issue of naming benchmarkPause and
benchmarkResume (btw, I would have named them pauseBenchmark and
resumeBenchmark).

--
Christophe