DDMD and such.

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Sep 28 14:57:51 PDT 2011

"Gor Gyolchanyan" <gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.274.1317244949.26225.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> I'd gladly help you with this. I'm very excited to have a parser in
> Phobos!

I was actually thinking more just the lexer. I'd probably let someone else
do the parser. My parsing experience is mostly limited to LALR, and to parse
D it would take a fairly advanced LALR engine to do it properly. So LL may
be better. Plus, DMD already uses LL.

Keep in mind, too, that even with both a lexer and parser, that still
wouldn't get you very close to being able to actually compile D from within
D (although you can kind of already do that: system("rdmd main.d"); ),
because the lexing and parsing are the easy parts (relatively spaking). The
hard part is all the post-parsing stuff: sematics, typesystem, CTFE,
templates, etc.