Against deprecating aliases

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Fri Sep 30 09:38:39 PDT 2011

Am 29.09.2011, 13:27 Uhr, schrieb Steven Schveighoffer
<schveiguy at yahoo.com>:

> FWIW, I agree we should keep the any existing functions, and just alias
> them to the template.  It doesn't hurt to have them if they are not
> reimplementations.
>
> -Steve

I feel the same. D's templates are great, but you could make the language
look really bad, if one was forced to use them in every second line of
code. Whenever most use cases can be covered with maybe up to four aliases
to a templated function, it is an option to do just that.