mysqlD

Adam Burton adz21c at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 10:19:09 PDT 2011

Steve Teale wrote:

> I recently resuscitated a piece of code that I'd originally got going
> under Windows, but this time on Ubuntu with the latest MySQL client
> library.
>
> It could be useful at two levels.
>
> a) I went through the tedious process of translating mysql.h and its
> dependencies to mysql.d - so it is possible to use the MySQL client API in
> D programs.
>
> b) What I actually wrote was a higher level thing that could presumably be
> repeated for other database systems and ODBC
>
> Apart from the basics like connecting, it provides:
>
> execSQL()
> execScalar()
> execPrepared()
> execReader()
>
> and associated functions for setting up parameters, binding, etc, with
> quite extensive unit testing of these facilities.
>
> Would it be of any interest for the etc branch of Phobos?
>
> Steve
Even if it isn't I'd be quite interested in seeing the code. I was (with the
intention of returning too) working on something similar (about halfway
through) as a task for getting me writing some D code. I've got connecting,
queries and was most of the way through getting some templates set up for
convenient prepared statements, no unit tests etc though. Would be nice to
see how someone else achieved the same task to see how else I could have
developed the code.