D for a Qt developer

Davita dato1100 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 1 03:12:43 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 1 April 2012 at 07:53:37 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 4/1/12, dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I think QtD is now usable since the relevant compiler bugs
>> were ironed out.
>
> I doubt that it even compiles. The last update was almost a
> year ago,
> and I've had access violations with D2 back then.

Well, that's what i'm talking about. D is such a wonderful
language that it should scream on different forums and sites such
as stackoverflow or codeproject, but instead it's very quite,
passive. And I think this is due to the lack of quality
development tools. :(
None of the companies or organizations I know would never start
development on DWT or QtD. Shouldn't D team address those issues?
I mean, only enthusiasmic community can't do much here. I think a
sponsor or some commercial interest is a must, or as I already
mentioned above, to work with Nokia guys and bring D with
QtCreator. Or maybe to work with MS and integrate D in VS and
WinRT api. If one big organization starts using D, then more and
more people will have trust in D and start using it. Otherwise I
don't think the future of D will be as bright as it should :(