Compiler development

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Apr 1 17:01:53 PDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 12:02:56AM +0200, foobar wrote:
[...]
> Regarding DMD - Walter has a test suite for it for the same purpose.
> I don't know the specifics of it as I never looked at it and not even
> sure whether it's open source or not. The core devs would be able to
> provide more specifics.

The source code is right here:

	https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd

It comes with an extensive set of unit tests, which can be run by
specifying the 'unittest' target for the makefile. The tests range from
sources that should be compilable, sources that should fail compilation,
sources that can be run, and win32-specific tests. I've run the tests
before; they do take quite some time to complete because they're quite
exhaustive.

> Please note that while Walter writes in c++ he has a unique style of
> it - some claim it's very D like.

Indeed.

People walk. Computers run.