Cross-references in generated ddoc

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Wed Apr 4 07:15:10 PDT 2012

On 4/4/12 10:00 PM, David Gileadi wrote:
> On 4/3/12 10:38 PM, Ary Manzana wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just submitted a pull request that makes ddoc generate
>> cross-references... even for templates!
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/865
>>
>> It would be awesome if you can try it with your projects, see if it's
>> working properly and doesn't choke. I tried it with phobos and it worked
>> fine.
>>
>> Also, if someone has ideas about how to solve the issues I describe,
>> they are more than welcome.
>
> This looks good.
>
> One bug: for http://pancake.io/1e79d0/array.html#insert it appears to
> have dropped the name/link for which function to use instead.

No, that's not a bug. The ddoc comment is:

/++
     $(RED Deprecated. It will be removed in May 2012.
           Please use $(LREF insertInPlace) instead.)

     Same as $(XREF array, insertInPlace).
   +/

The problem is, I didn't define the LREF and XREF macros when generating
the docs.

But when Walter and Andrei generate the docs they use this:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org/blob/master/std.ddoc#L316

If you ask me, that's a bad smell. What if I want to make the docs in my
own format? How can I know all the macros to use? Hmmm....