Poll of the week - How long have you been in the D world?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu Apr 5 02:49:08 PDT 2012

In my case, D is just one of the new upcoming languages group that I lurk
around as
a language geek.

Besides playing with the language in toy projects, there isn't much I can do
with it,
as  on my line of work only JVM/.NET languages are allowed, with some luck
I get to touch C++ every now and then.

--
Paulo

"Stewart Gordon"  wrote in message news:jl7pq6$2uot$1 at digitalmars.com...

On 31/03/2012 05:25, Chris NS wrote:
<snip>
> Some of us are -- though I don't know how many are actually still "D1
> people" per se...
> I'd say most have made the jump by now. What I feel from the numbers is
> simply that we
> have a mostly steady rate of community growth.

Depends what you mean by "community".  It's really a matter of how many
people answered
the poll.  The proportion the sample represents of the total number of D
programmers is
liable to get smaller as D becomes an ISO/ANSI/whatever standard, gains more
and more
third-party compilers and is adopted by more and more businesses, since many
of the users
will not be coming through Digital Mars and so are less likely to be active
on these
'groups.  And so, in the long run, the poll results are likely to understate
the growth in
the number of D users.

Though publicising the poll in as many D-related forums as we can find will
help to
counter this....

Stewart.