DIP16: Transparently substitute module with package

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 08:11:02 PDT 2012

On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:59:31 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer
<schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:53:34 -0400, deadalnix <deadalnix at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Plus, the package accessibility modifier would be broken with such a
>> pattern.
>>
>> The all.d, package.d, _.d, or, as I propose foldername.d (and
>> submodules into foldername) do not break package accessibility
>> modifier, which is better.
>
> I don't really know what you mean, I didn't read that post.  Would you
> mind posting a link or repeating that argument?

Also, nevermind :)  I realize what you are talking about now.

This is a good point.  Of course, there are other mechanisms to do this,
and DIP15 already proposes an improvement for this.

However, at least in the case of phobos, I don't think there's a lot of
instances of package accessibility modifier.

-Steve