Custom attributes (again)

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Apr 5 10:35:39 PDT 2012

On 4/5/2012 5:00 AM, Manu wrote:
> C# and Java both have attributes, following these established design patterns, I
> don't think there should be any mystery over how they should be implemented.

At the Lang.NEXT conference over the last 3 days, I was able to talk to many
smart people about attributes. But I did find some confusion - are they best
attached to the variable/function (i.e. "storage class"), or attached to the
type ("type constructor")? I think the former. Attaching it to the type leads to
all sorts of semantic issues.

 From your list of uses, it looks like attaching it to the variable or function
is an apropos solution.