Custom attributes (again)

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 12:10:27 PDT 2012

Le 05/04/2012 20:51, Walter Bright a écrit :
> On 4/5/2012 11:32 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> Ideally it would be powerful enough to allow changing the type, but most
>> applications probably want the type to stay the same.
>
> Having it perturb the type implies a huge swamp of how that affects the
> semantics. You've got overloading, name mangling, type inference,
> implicit conversions, covariance, etc.
>
> All I can say is I see no way that can work with user defined semantics.

I did some hacking into dmd in that regard, and I can confirm this is
pretty hard. The problem is already quite hard, but the lack of
separation of concerns into dmd's ast make things even harder.

I'm afraid we have to delay anything that do codeception in a first
shot, which is really sad because this is promising. I still think this
is somewhere we have to go at some point, but we will have to wait.