D projects list

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Apr 5 14:48:05 PDT 2012

"Kevin Cox" <kevincox.ca at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1385.1333660352.4860.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On Apr 5, 2012 5:04 PM, "Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote
>>
>> [...]
>
> I for one, absolutely love the way you think.

Really? That's pretty uncommon ;) Most people usually just think I'm nuts!

> But, what is wrong with xml when used correctly.

Well, it's technically usable, but it's overrated: It's overly-verbose and
over-engineered. It seems simple at a glance, and it really *should* be, and
*could* have been, but there's a lot of unnecessary complications if you
really dig into *proper* XML. I mean heck, just look at the spec: I know
formal standards naturally tend to be big and pedantic, but for something as
conceptually simple as XML appears to be, it's waaay out of control. Even as
a big super-formal standard, XML *still* shouldn't be *that* complex.

JSON is somewhat better, and YAML better still. But protocol buffers are
vastly superior IMO.