D projects list

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Apr 5 16:32:54 PDT 2012

"Brad Roberts" <braddr at slice-2.puremagic.com> wrote in message
news:alpine.DEB.2.00.1204051616190.5012 at slice-2.puremagic.com...
>I think this thread misses the key problem with anything like this.. how
> to curate the list.  How will it be kept current?  What's the definition
> of abandoned?  Etc, etc.  The presentation and storage formats are almost
> irrelevant as they're the easiest part of the problem.

That would indeed be a key aspect. I've been thinking a combination of:

1. Wiki-like editing

and

2. Automatic mining from things like github/bitbucket/dsource and a standard
metadata protocol/format (maybe tied into orbit?) that project authors can
optionally choose to expose.

Actually, having this tied in with orbit somehow would probably be a *very*
good idea.