DIP16: Transparently substitute module with package

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 02:43:18 PDT 2012

Le 06/04/2012 01:32, Michel Fortin a écrit :
> On 2012-04-05 21:43:24 +0000, Andrei Alexandrescu
> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> said:
>
>> I think we should be looking for a solution that not only allows
>> replacing module -> package transparently, but also allows people to
>> import the newly introduced fine-grained modules.
>
> I think it'd be valuable too. But how do you do that without creating
> ambiguous fully qualified names?

It isn't possible. But as already mentioned, all name doesn't make sense
in all situation, so most of the time, disambiguation can be done.

Plus, we want to be able to split module when they grow, and in such a
situation, collisions will never happen, because all symbols comes from
the same module in a first place.