D projects list

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Apr 6 07:06:51 PDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 12:34:09PM +0400, Denis Shelomovskij wrote:
[...]
> You aren't a nut. I'm a nut. Because I believes HTML should die with
> all present web browsers and JS. And XML because of its frighten
> overuse. And all slow and buggy web apps.

+1.

HTML markup is as ugly as a hag, and XML is just... let me just pull up
a quote here:

	"No, John.  I want formats that are actually useful, rather than
	over-featured megaliths that address all questions by piling on
	ridiculous internal links in forms which are hideously
	over-complex." -- Simon St. Laurent on xml-dev

> And adobe Flash of course should also die.

+1. It should have died a DECADE ago. Except that certain interests kept
its decaying worm-infested corpse animating even till today.

> Damn, they have created slow-by-design thing (e.g. see extremely slow
> YouTube (and other Flash based video players) video rendering - now
> you really need a modern PC just to watch a video) and now want to
> make it faster.  With graphical acceleration. It results in BSOD-s
> (yes, I'm on Windows) using web browsers. Current systems was too
> stable. Users was too slack. Hello unstable times!
[...]

Why write stable software when it's much easier to write unstable
software and ship on time? After all, marketing is what really matters
in the end...  </sarcasm>

Государство делает вид, что платит нам зарплату, а мы делаем вид, что
работаем.