custom attribute proposal (yeah, another one)

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 07:11:32 PDT 2012

On 6 April 2012 16:56, Steven Schveighoffer <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 09:53:59 -0400, Timon Gehr <timon.gehr at gmx.ch> wrote:
>
>  I think this proposal should be merged with Johannes' one.
>>

> It is very similar.  I think the main distinction is that I focused on the
> fact that the compiler already has a mechanism to check and run CTFE
> functions.

Except you're using a function, which I don't follow. How does that work?
Where do you actually store the attribute data?
Just attaching any arbitrary thing, in particular, a struct (as in Johannes
proposal) is far more useful. It also seems much simpler conceptually to
me. It's nice when things are intuitive...