custom attribute proposal (yeah, another one)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 07:17:45 PDT 2012

On Friday, 6 April 2012 at 14:11:42 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Except you're using a function, which I don't follow.

It is pretty simple: the return value of the function
is stored in the compiler, the same as all the other
proposals.

The struct thing is the same, really. You're just calling
a constructor there instead of a regular function.

Really, of the... what five proposals out there now? But
they are all almost the same. A constructor, a function
call, an expression, or a field initializor list all
give the same result - they all return a piece of data,
which is attached to the declaration in the compiler.

We're just quibbling over details. I say we just forget
about that and pick one to make this happen.

I barely even care which one right now.