D projects list

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Apr 6 11:52:38 PDT 2012

"H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote in message
news:mailman.1417.1333721195.4860.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 12:34:09PM +0400, Denis Shelomovskij wrote:
>> And adobe Flash of course should also die.
>
> +1. It should have died a DECADE ago. Except that certain interests kept
> its decaying worm-infested corpse animating even till today.

Funny, that's also how I feel about C++. As I've been saying for awhile, a
decade of near-zero interest in anything but VM languages is what kept it on
life support. Fortunately, D's quickly becoming the successor that's always
been needed so C++ will finally be able to RIP.

>> Damn, they have created slow-by-design thing (e.g. see extremely slow
>> YouTube (and other Flash based video players) video rendering - now
>> you really need a modern PC just to watch a video) and now want to
>> make it faster.  With graphical acceleration. It results in BSOD-s
>> (yes, I'm on Windows) using web browsers. Current systems was too
>> stable. Users was too slack. Hello unstable times!
> [...]
>
> Why write stable software when it's much easier to write unstable
> software and ship on time? After all, marketing is what really matters
> in the end...  </sarcasm>

I can personally vouch for the fact that there is *nothing* productive about
writing software in Flash. C++ is more productive.