std.benchmark ready for review. Manager sought after

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Apr 7 20:25:36 PDT 2012

Hello,

I finally found the time to complete std.benchmark. I got to a very
simple API design, starting where I like it: one line of code.

Code is in the form of a pull request at
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/529. (There's some
noise in there caused by my git n00biness). Documentation is at
http://erdani.com/d/web/phobos-prerelease/std_benchmark.html.

If reasonable and at all possible, I'd like to bump the priority of this
proposal. Clearly D's user base is highly interested in efficiency, and
many of the upcoming libraries have efficiency a virtual part of their
design. So we should get std.benchmark in soon and require that new
addition come with benchmarks for their essential functionality.

My vision is that in the future Phobos will have a significant
benchmarks battery, which will help improving Phobos and porting to new
platforms.

Andrei