Precise GC

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sun Apr 8 03:07:40 PDT 2012

On 4/8/2012 11:21 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 04/08/2012 10:45 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> That actually sounds like a pretty awesome idea.
>
> I understand that the stack will still have to be scanned
> conservatively, but how does the scheme deal with closures?

I guess the compiler should generate an (anonymous) struct type
corresponding to the closure data layout. There probably has to be a
template for compiler generated structs or classes anyway.

This new type could also be used as the type of the context pointer, so
a debugger could display the closure variables.