std.benchmark ready for review. Manager sought after

Piotr Szturmaj bncrbme at jadamspam.pl
Sun Apr 8 03:46:38 PDT 2012

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> I finally found the time to complete std.benchmark. I got to a very
> simple API design, starting where I like it: one line of code.
>
> Code is in the form of a pull request at
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/529. (There's some
> noise in there caused by my git n00biness). Documentation is at
> http://erdani.com/d/web/phobos-prerelease/std_benchmark.html.

For algorithms that process sequences, it would be nice to have results
represented in cycles per item, This should give more consistent results
across different CPU familes and different clock speeds.

Specifically, I think about cycles per byte, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycles_per_byte
Example: http://www.cryptopp.com/benchmarks.html