a pretty exciting result for parallel D lang rmd following defrag by name

Jay Norwood jayn at prismnet.com
Sun Apr 8 09:14:04 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 8 April 2012 at 09:21:43 UTC, Somedude wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You seem to have done a pretty good job with your parallel
> unzip. Have
> you tried a parallel zip as well ?
> Do you think you could include this in std.zip when you're done
> ?

I'm going to do a parallel zip as well.  There is already
parallel zip utility available with 7zip, so I haven't looked
closely at D's std.zip.

These parallel implementations all bring in std.parallelism as a
dependency, and I don't know if that is acceptable.  I'm just
putting them in my github for now, along with examples.