std.benchmark ready for review. Manager sought after

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 11:20:18 PDT 2012

On 08.04.2012 21:40, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 4/8/12 12:35 PM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> Another cool addition IMHO would be parametric benchmarks, so there is a
>> function and a set of parameters (one parameter is fine too) to
>> benchmark on. It makes that much more sense with graphs as algorithm
>> profile plotted for various inputs (sizes) can be very revealing.
>
> This would be interesting to explore, could you give some more detail
> please?

I thought to just throw it in. But if were to do it in under an hour:

benchmark_func_blah(int problem_size);
auto benchmark_params_func_blah = [ 1, 10, 100, 1_000, 10_000 ...];

or slightly more general - use the range protocol:
auto benchmark_params_func_blah = getRangeOfValues();

I'm not sure the prefix is place to put it but here the rough idea.

--
Dmitry Olshansky