Foreach Closures?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Apr 9 07:58:54 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-09 15:19, Manu wrote:
> OMG, DO WANT! :P
> Who wrote this? I wonder if they'd be interested in adapting it to
> VisualD + MonoDevelop?

That would be Ary Manzana. I think one of the reasons why he stopped
working on this was that he ported the DMD frontend to Java and it's
just a pain to stay updated with DMD.

This comes back to us again, again and again. We _badly need_ a compiler
that is usable as a library. Preferably with a stable API which it
possible to create bindings for other languages. For that compiler to be
stay up to date it needs to be the reference implementation, i.e. the
one that Walter works on.

Also Walter won't just drop DMD and replace it with something else or
start a major refactoring process on the existing code base.

BTW, Descent has a compile time debugger as well, if I recall correctly.

--
/Jacob Carlborg