Documentation improvements

David Gileadi gileadis at NSPMgmail.com
Mon Apr 9 08:07:49 PDT 2012

On 4/8/12 7:41 AM, Jonas H. wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I decided to give D a try yesterday and had quite some trouble with the
> documentation. I want to help improve the docs on dlang.org.

I'm generally in favor of simplifying the sidebar navigation, since I
already did a bunch of that under the guise of creating a new look for
the D website :)  Compare with the sidebar at
http://digitalmars.com/d/1.0/index.html

I think you may find some conflicts between the contents of the proposed
Development and the existing Community sections; that probably needs
some further thought.

As a technical note, in order to get the sidebar to expand correctly
you'll need to change the CATEGORY_* macro on any pages that you move.
For instance, if you were to hypothetically move a page from being under
the Articles section to being under the FAQ section, you'd need to
change its CATEGORY_ARTICLES=$0 macro to CATEGORY_FAQ=$0.