Foreach Closures?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Apr 9 08:16:53 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-09 15:44, Kapps wrote:

> That was Descent, a plugin for Eclipse. They did it by porting
> DMD, with changes, to Java. A horribly painful task I'd imagine.
> I wonder if it'd be easier by just creating bindings for DMD for
> the language of choice.

That would be horribly painful as well. Since DMD is not made to be used
as a library. It really does not fit.

> That being said, if MonoDevelop's parser gets to the point where
> it can evaluate this stuff well, I think that'd work just as
> nicely. You won't quite be able to see the actual compiler's
> representation of it, but you'd be able to expand mixins and such.

The MonoDevelop parser will have the same problem as the one for
Descent. Either it's a port of DMD and needs to play catch up all the
time. Or it's a completely new parser that will, most likely, not have
the same behavior as the compiler. A new parser would also need to play
catch up with DMD.

See my other reply:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mailman.1506.1333927673.4860.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com#post-jlutfe:24jal:241:40digitalmars.com

--