More ddoc complaints

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 11:47:33 PDT 2012

On 09/04/2012 14:34, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Monday, 9 April 2012 at 11:05:10 UTC, Stewart Gordon wrote:
<snip>
>> Create LT, GT and AMP macros and use them in your code examples.
>
> There's two problems with that: 1) it is hideous
> and 2) what if the user wants some format other
> than html?

Then they would define LT, GT and AMP differently.

> Suppose your format escapes \. Should I defensively
> make a $(BACKSLASH) macro too?
<snip>

No, since you don't have any idea in what formats I might want to
generate docs for your lib.  But I would know I need to be on the
lookout for characters that have a special meaning in my chosen output
format.

But indeed, the ESCAPES macro is a much better solution.

Stewart.