The new std.process?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Apr 9 19:38:57 PDT 2012

"Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1555.1334014282.4860.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On Monday, April 09, 2012 18:31:05 Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> Wasn't someone working on a std.process overhaul? What ever happened to
>> that?
>
> Lars and Steven did it a while back, but the Windows port required changes
> in
> the Windows runtime that comes with dmd (due to a pipe-related bug IIRC),
> so
> there's been no point in reviewing it. I _think_ that Walter might have
> finally
> gotten those changes in in the last release, but I don't know. Regardless,
> until those changes are in, the new std.process is pretty much stuck. You
> can
> find the code here though:
>
> https://github.com/kyllingstad/phobos/tree/new-std-process

Oh yea. *Now* I remember asking the same thing before and getting pretty
much the same answer...

I didn't mean to sound like I'm nagging anyone about it. It's not urgent for
me right now. It's just that whenever I get to thinking about the idea of
heavy cmdline-scripting style stuff in D, it occurs to me that the
std.process imporovements would be a big help, and then I manage to
completely forget everything about it except a vague recollection that there
was some sort of std.process stuff on the horizon ;)