Dictonaries benchmark

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 00:07:30 PDT 2012

On 10.04.2012 7:14, SomeDude wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 April 2012 at 01:34:30 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> I think we can derive quite a few insights from here:
>>
>> http://lh3lh3.users.sourceforge.net/udb.shtml
>>

>> Andrei
>
> You probably already came accross this benchmark by John-Mark Gurney
> http://attractivechaos.wordpress.com/2008/08/28/comparison-of-hash-table-libraries/
>
> who also happens to be the author of these C libraries:
> http://attractivechaos.awardspace.com/
> (from which Heng Li derived his own optimized implementation)
> and a fan of D.
>

> On another matter, Heng Li publishes this regex benchmark:
> http://lh3lh3.users.sourceforge.net/reb.shtml
> Surprisingly (or maybe not), egrep is faster than everything else by a
> very large margin.

 >Another possible reason that egrep is fast may be because it does not
 >keep track of grouping.

Being in the know I tell you that fogetting about groups lets you to
make "bare bones" automation which is an order of magnituide faster then.

BTW it's been years since I see this benchmark. Still no D listed tough
(is he a fan of D?). For one thing the date pattern is exceptionally
fast with new std.regex.

--
Dmitry Olshansky