Starting with D(2)

Lars Johansson lars.a.johansson at se.atlascopco.com
Tue Apr 10 10:00:39 PDT 2012

Hey all, I do not find a better suited forum or blog to ask some
newbie questions.
I read some about D. Some years ago I actually wrote some small
D1/tango programs just for fun. Now I like to start do some more
serious stuff with D2. But there are some things bugging me.
It seems there is a blood feuds among D and tango communities.
This looks bad, and something I do not like.

But more important I can not find good documentation how to
install D2 with tango and phobos2. There are probably other
useful libraries, where do I find them and how do I install them.
I'm primarily looking for a Windows install. I managed to install
D (dmd and probably phobos2) some examples do not even compile,
so I probably didn't do a successful install.

I appreciate if someone can give some advice.