Starting with D(2)

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Apr 10 10:28:25 PDT 2012

Try d-learn (digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com).

> I read some about D. Some years ago I actually wrote some small
> D1/tango programs just for fun. Now I like to start do some more
> serious stuff with D2. But there are some things bugging me.
> It seems there is a blood feuds among D and tango communities. This
> looks bad, and something I do not like.

This is ancient history. It only applies to D1.

> But more important I can not find good documentation how to install
> D2 with tango and phobos2. There are probably other useful
> libraries, where do I find them and how do I install them. I'm
> primarily looking for a Windows install. I managed to install D (dmd
> and probably phobos2) some examples do not even compile, so I
> probably didn't do a successful install.
>
> I appreciate if someone can give some advice.

Have you tried the instructions on this page:

	http://dlang.org/dmd-windows.html

?

If you still have trouble after that, somebody here or on d-learn will
be more than happy to assist you.

INTEL = Only half of "intelligence".