The Downfall of Imperative Programming

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Apr 10 11:46:53 PDT 2012

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 20:19:13 +0200
"Paulo Pinto" <pjmlp at progtools.org> wrote:

> My favourite FP language is Haskell, but I doubt most "code
> monkeys" will ever be able to grasp it, while impure ones are more
> approachable in enterprise environments.

That's right...I tried with Haskell, liked its syntax a lot, but was not
sure I really grokked monads. Moreover, I lost few potential
contributors because of insisting on Haskell.

Now, I hope to get some of the FP features by using Haskell and have
easier time not to think about unsafePerformIO & co. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The senses, the mind and the intelligence are the sitting places
of this lust. Through them lust covers the real knowledge of the