Small Buffer Optimization for string and friends

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Tue Apr 10 12:43:16 PDT 2012

Am Tue, 10 Apr 2012 20:52:56 +0200
schrieb Artur Skawina <art.08.09 at gmail.com>:

> I'm saying that introducing new function attributes like @inline to the language,
> when there's a real possibility of "generic" attributes being invented in the near
> future, may not be a good idea. Any generic scheme should also work for @inline and
> the many other attrs that i've mentioned before - there's no reason to artificially
> limit the support to *just* user attributes.
>
> artur

I had to read up on your older posts again. So you are not expecting compiler hooks that allow to change the language semantics and code gen through user attributes, but a common syntax especially for bundling multiple compiler/user attributes like "@attr(safe, nothrow, userattr(abc), inline, ...) my_attr_alias" in the event that there will be a lot of platform specific and other pragmas/attributes/keywords like in GCC in the future? Then I tend to agree.

--
Marco