More mentors needed

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 20:13:18 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 10 April 2012 at 16:28:52 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Mentoring a GSoC project on D is a great way to make a lasting
> positive impact on the language. It is hard but rewarding work.
> Please consider applying, and ask here any questions you might
> have.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

My main conserns are,

I don't have any experience in truely managing a project with
goals.
Many things will go over my head

But it would probably be great learning and start for getting
this experiance. And for others interested in reading more:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCMentoring/what-makes-a-good-mentor/

I think evaluation could be challenging to decide what criteria
would create failure. Does the evaluation form ask questions that
make this choice easier?

I'll consider submitting an official request.