The new std.process?

Lars T. Kyllingstad public at kyllingen.net
Wed Apr 11 01:27:22 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 10 April 2012 at 11:18:53 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 22:48:26 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

>>> Oh yea. *Now* I remember asking the same thing before and
>>> getting pretty
>>> much the same answer...
>
> I think you must have felt a disturbance in the force.
> Literally yesterday at around 8:30 am, I finally got around to
> verifying 2.058 includes the pipe fix (and it does!), so I
> think we are clear to get this ready for review.  Hopefully by
> 2.060 (2.059 is out for beta right now).

I must have felt the same disturbance.  I logged in to Trello *by
coincidence* mere minutes after you had checked this off the
to-do list, and it's been months since the last time I logged in
there.

>> Shall we add that to the review queue?
>
> It's on the trello board for phobos reviews, in development.  I
> need to get in touch with Lars, it's his baby.

Also by coincidence, I decided to drop by the NG, and what do you
know; a thread about std.process! :)  I agree it's high time to
get this module ready for review.  Now that you have verified
that pipes finally work on Windows, what remains is mostly
cosmetic.  I think I'll have time to work on it this weekend.

> BTW, I can't stress how much I dislike windows D development,
> especially when I have to use git.  Linux just seems so much
> easier, that I dread ever having to test D windows stuff.  I
> suppose if it was my main platform, I wouldn't have to scrap
> around setting shit up every time I want to test something.

I can't stress enough how happy I was that you offered to do the
Windows part of the module. ;)

-Lars