Export ?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Apr 11 11:51:47 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, April 11, 2012 14:11:49 Paulo Pinto wrote:
> And as I noted on my post, Windows is not alone in this regard.
>
> Many other OS follow the same explicit export principle, AIX
> being one of them.
>
> Linux != UNIX

I never said that it was. I'm just saying that I consider explicit exporting
to be a usability nightmare and therefore an enormous mistake, and the fact
that Windows does it is horrific. The fact that Linux doesn't is fantastic.
Other *nixes may do it, but that doesn't make it any better of an idea IMHO.

- Jonathan M Davis