Foreach Closures?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Apr 12 23:40:39 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-13 06:50, Matt Peterson wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 April 2012 at 06:46:53 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure that the JSON output can _never_ be enough for what we
>> want to do.
>
> I agree with that, nothing will quite be the same as a full
> compiler-as-a-library (CAAL?). But in the meantime, there is a working
> compiler now, and isn't it better to get some kind of IDE-like
> functionality sooner rather than waiting for a long time with nothing?

When you say "there is a working compiler now", which on is you
referring to. DMD, LDC, GDC, SDC or any other? As far as I know neither
DMD, LDC or GDC is usable as a library. I have no experience of SDC and
don't know in what state it is.

But I guess we would have to do some investigation and figure out what
the best to do this would be.

BTW, there are already IDE's with some kind of frontends available.
MonoD, VisualD, Descent (now old) and possibly others.

--
/Jacob Carlborg