Measuring the page generation of the forum

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Thu Apr 12 23:48:35 PDT 2012

On Friday, 13 April 2012 at 02:25:19 UTC, Somedude wrote:
> Well, it's not really urgent. It's fast enough.
> Still, collecting statistics over time would have been nice, so
> that one could analyse the general behaviour of the GC, for
> instance, by getting an idea of the standard deviation and
> maximum response time over weeks of use.

Such statistics wouldn't be very meaningful due to the highly
varying server load, caused by a large number of other websites
and services running on the same machine.

> But I have experienced a response of several seconds once, I
> don't know where this comes from (although it's most likely one
> of your reasons).

Long page loads are caused by a combination of high server load +
RAM cache misses + SQLite queries that require a lot of seeks.
I'm quite sure this is the case.

> BTW, could you repost the source code address ? Thx.

There is a link to the source code on the Help page.

> Oh, I just saw you wrote the max page generation was around 50
> ms.

When there are no cache misses, yes.