Starting with D(2)

bioinfornatics bioinfornatics at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 13 05:58:32 PDT 2012

Le mardi 10 avril 2012 à 19:00 +0200, Lars Johansson a écrit :
> Hey all, I do not find a better suited forum or blog to ask some
> newbie questions.
> I read some about D. Some years ago I actually wrote some small
> D1/tango programs just for fun. Now I like to start do some more
> serious stuff with D2. But there are some things bugging me.
> It seems there is a blood feuds among D and tango communities.
> This looks bad, and something I do not like.
>
> But more important I can not find good documentation how to
> install D2 with tango and phobos2. There are probably other
> useful libraries, where do I find them and how do I install them.
> I'm primarily looking for a Windows install. I managed to install
> D (dmd and probably phobos2) some examples do not even compile,
> so I probably didn't do a successful install.
>
> I appreciate if someone can give some advice.

Fedora 17 provides all you want.
I think fedora give the easier way to use D.
In repository you will found:
- D compiler: ldc2
- standard library: phobos
- GUI binding: gtkd
- Game library: Derelict
- other library: Tango

In more fedora provides geany tag for each library, with these tags you
will get autocompletion