std library hooks

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat Apr 14 22:56:55 PDT 2012

"Manu" <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1717.1334400919.4860.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> Indeed, but I also want to produce some log output. A dialog box is nice
> too, so artists can choose to 'ignore' and programmers can 'debug'.

I keep flip-flopping on this.

At first, I was going to reply and say "No, allowing 'ignore' is bad because
it just means continuing to work within a corrupted state. Only bad things
can come from that."

Then I realized, "If the artist had a bunch of unsaved work when the error
occurred, it's possible the state might still be good enough for them to
save their work. No point in denying them that for the sake of purity. If it
results in a corrupted save, well...they *are* using version control, aren't
they?"

But my current thought now is: Shouldn't there just be some sort of
journaling or auto-save or some such? That would eliminate the need, and
temptation, to work through a corrupted state.

No doubt I'll flip-flop again...