Why is complex being deprecated again?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 05:12:39 PDT 2012

On 15/04/2012 04:56, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
<snip>
> It was probably the same reasoning that lead to moving the AA implementation
> into druntime, but I don't remember any specifics.

No.  The AA implementation was moved into druntime because that's where it belongs.  Under
D1, stuff like that is in std.internal.  Under D2, code along those lines has been moved
into druntime.  The basic idea is that a D compiler will not generate calls to code in
Phobos, and druntime will call code only within itself.  This also lessens the effect of
the Phobos/Tango schism.

Stewart.