std library hooks

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Sun Apr 15 09:14:36 PDT 2012

Manu wrote:
> That said, all of that does not match my observation with the VC linker.
> I defined atoi locally, but it complained straight up. If it was
> selectively pulling objects containing unresolved symbols from the lib,
> I shouldn't have seen that error I pasted above, since the symbol was
> already defined within the object that referenced it, it shouldn't have
> tried to pull atox.obj...

	There is no standard. What I described is the behaviour of GNU ld.
I know that the VC linker behaves differently but I do not know the
details of the differences (I believe it is less sensitive to the
order in which objects and libraries are specified, which must have
consequences on symbol resolution). I have no idea how optlink behaves.

		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr
Jabber: jeberger at jabber.fr