Why is complex being deprecated again?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 14:56:39 PDT 2012

On 15/04/2012 22:09, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
> On 15/04/12 14:29, Stewart Gordon wrote:
<snip>
>> My impression was that the plan is to deprecate it once the stuff in
>> std.complex is complete. std.complex has clearly grown since that
>> discussion, but it still needs a pure imaginary type (and I don't know
>> what else at the moment).
>
> I absolutely do not think it does. There is nothing you can do with a pure imaginary type
> that you cannot do with a complex type.
<snip>

What proof have you of this - and in particular, that the rationale for pure imaginary
types on the comparison page is wrong?

And apparently C99 has pure imaginary types to interface....
http://digitalmars.com/d/1.0/interfaceToC.html
http://www.cprogrammingreference.com/Tutorials/Basic_Tutorials/Ckeywordsindiviusual/z_Imaginary.php

(At the moment, in the D2 docs the complex/imaginary types are totally absent from that
page....)

Stewart.