D scored well in the Google CodeJam Qualification Round

Masahiro Nakagawa repeatedly at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 03:16:31 PDT 2012

On Monday, 16 April 2012 at 14:02:21 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Somedude:
>> Although there was very few D contestants (only 15 out of 18365
>> contestants used D), D scored number 1.
>
> This is very good advertisement for D.
>
> A D user (group) has to reach a good score in the ICFP
> Programming Contest too :-)
>
> And why is D so popular in Japan? :-)

We supports D newbies in many scenes.
See this reply
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/CAJ85NXCWkmo0y8cSZz+mtq+x3Kxv7-eJ6Gw4XDier=E+Ti-q-Q@mail.gmail.com#post-xkrxexychkfodzrfgkgh:40forum.dlang.org

In my personal activities, I talked about D in some meetups,
e.g. D Kaigi, RubyKaigi, Kernel/VM, Boost.meetup, LL Nagoya, and
etc.

In addition, kinaba sometimes talked about D and
wrote the blog titled "D for contest programming" recently.