Serialization woes

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:57:20 PDT 2012

On 4/18/12, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/18/12, Masahiro Nakagawa <repeatedly at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I plan to clean up the API, but I need some more time.
>
> No problem, I'm a happy msgpack user again. :-)

I've got a crazy little template I'm using with msgpack:
http://paste.pocoo.org/show/583619/
options is just a global there, as are those symbols.

The cool thing is I can call saveGlobalData/loadGlobalData and I don't
have to define two different routines that list the symbols to be
loaded/saved, plus I don't have to specify the filenames either since
the template can figure that out from the symbol itself. And if
something goes wrong I get an exception thrown with the file and line
of the call site and not within the template itself (which is in stark
contrast to how Phobos likes to print error lines within the library
itself instead of the call site).

Gotta love D.